Coronavirus (Covid-19) – latest update
This page provides up to date information as to how the coronavirus (Covid-19) and the latest government advice around it, relates to tennis activities in Britain and all those involved in delivering them, with separate guidelines in place for each of England, Scotland and Wales.
- England – updated Step 3 summary grid (updated 14 May)
- Scotland – updated summary grid (updated 17 May)
- Wales – updated guidance & next steps (updated 14 May)
- Channel Islands – latest guidance
England (updated 14 June)
Return to Play Guidance
UPDATE: Following the Prime Minister’s announcement, the move to Step 4 has been delayed until 19 July – as a result, the current Step 3 guidelines will apply until then.
Step 3 Guidance (14 May)
Following the Prime Minister’s confirmation that the country will move to Step 3 of the Government roadmap from 17 May, we have updated our summary grid to provide details of the restrictions that apply for this stage of the roadmap. This includes:
- Indoor tennis activity permitted for all (including organised group activity and social play)
- Car sharing will be permitted (subject to guidance)
- Spectating permitted
The Department for Education has confirmed that group activity for children can now take place in any number, subject to a risk assessment and safe maximum occupancy of the venue.
The Government has advised that this guidance should be followed immediately, and will be updating the law to reflect the new rules.
Players are asked to be patient with venues and coaches as they take the necessary time to safely implement the guidelines in a way appropriate for their own circumstances.