It is with deep regret that after 28 years of providing camps, we are unable at this present moment in time to do so this year.

It has been a decision that has not been taken lightly, as we are aware of the service it provides in both child care for the summer, and more importantly an opportunity for the children to interact, play and socialise, along with learning new skills and getting exercise.

John and the club have always, and always will, put the welfare of the children, their families and the staff first over any other factors.

Although possible at reduced numbers currently, the camp would be able to run only if we could guarantee a few factors.

These are the factors that we have taken into consideration:-

A full risk assessment has been carried out and taking into consideration government guidelines and those of the LTA we feel the club is unable to safely and securely deliver the camps at present.

If someone attending camp showed symptoms of Covid19 the camp would have to be cancelled and all concerned would have to isolate for 7-14 days. The club would have to close down for a deep clean whilst track and trace was carried out.

If we had a week with heavy rain, although we could house a small number inside, others would have to seek shelter outside under gazebos. If the weather is as it has been for previous years, this would not be possible for prolonged periods of time.

We are conscious that running camps takes court time, but feel that it is an important part of the whole package that we offer as a club, however, as many adult members are normally away at this time, and we recognise as travel continues to be limited the club will be busier than usual this summer.

We apologise for any inconvenience this causes, and if regulations change enough that we feel we can run camps safely, then an online application form will be available on this page.

We look forward to welcoming all back next year for the full camp experience that the children have become accustomed to.